03 May 2008

Scriptwriters Wanted

From the NZ Society of Authors (NZSA) weekly email newsletter* comes this snippet, which I'll post here as I know I have some scriptwriters among my readers:

Writers Wanted for Two Animated TV Series

"Currently in development are two concepts for separate animated TV series
primarily targeting boys aged 8-12. Script writers are being sought. The
first is a fantasy series based in colonial NZ; the second is a sci-fi
series. Expressions of interest emailed to nika (at) huntdigitalmedia.com"

I have no connections with these projects, so I can't vouch for their chances of success - but if you're interested, go to it!

*This newsletter, emailed each week to NZSA members, is a very valuable source of market information: I have made several sales, especially of poetry, to magazines or anthologies I first saw advertised there. Membership of the NZSA isn't cheap, but it can [so I believe] be claimed as an expense against taxable income, and it's definitely worth considering if you're a New Zealand writer.

No comments: