13 May 2008

JAAM 26: Editing Progress Report

I'm editing Issue 26 of JAAM Magazine. Submissions closed at the end of March, and I'm starting to get some enquiries about how far through the editing process I've got - so here's a progress report.

I'm currently going through all the submissions, listing those I'd like to include in JAAM 26. When I've finished doing this, then it's a matter of comparing what I'd like to include with the space available, and then matching the two - a process which is going to involve me making some difficult decisions, as there have been many high quality submissions to this issue, and I'm not going to be able to include them all.

I estimate that it will take me another two weeks to finish reading through all the submissions, and a further week to work out what I can fit within the number of pages available. Therefore, at the end of May, I expect that I will be able to start notifying everyone who has submitted whether or not their submission(s) have been included. There have been a lot of submitters, so that process will take a little while - though I'll make it as quick as I can.

After that, it will be a matter of arranging the contents into a coherent and interesting order, and giving the publisher everything needed to finalise the issue.

I hope this update helps soothe any frazzled nerves. Some wonderful work has been submitted, and I think this is going to be a very good issue of JAAM.

No comments: