28 February 2010

Autumn Poetry Readings in Christchurch: Another Great Lineup

Even a streaming cold could not stop me having a great time reading in the 2009 Canterbury Poets Collective Autumn Reading Series. The 2010 lineup has now been announced, and it includes some of my favourite poets. If you live in or near Christchurch, I urge you to get along to one or more of these sessions.

Canterbury Poets present - Poetry in Performance
20th Anniversary Autumn Readings 2010


Open microphone and guest readers

Win a $20 MCB voucher - audience vote for the Best Open Mike Poet each night

Where: Madras Café Bookshop, 165 Madras St - licensed and BYO.

When: Wednesdays, 6.30 pm

How much: $5 entry

The lineup

17 March
Kay McKenzie Cooke, Mary-Jane Grandinetti, David Gregory

24 March Jessica Le Bas, Robert Lumsden, Tom Weston

31 March Chris Price, Marisa Cappetta, Lorraine Ritchie

7 April Michele Leggott, Nick Williamson, Helen Lowe

14 April Rachel Bush, Justine de Spa, Rangi Faith

21 April The Hagley Group with Jeffrey Paparoa Holman and Frankie McMillan. The compère will be Morrin Rout.

28 April Cliff Fell, Alison Denham, Stephanie Grieve

5 May Featuring the Winning Open Mike Poets from the season

2 comments:

Kay Cooke said...

Thanks Tim for posting this - with links! What a great and generous ambassador for poetry you are. ( Using this to announce my part, I shall link to your blog on my blog; make sense?)

Tim Jones said...

I feel honoured that you've called me "a great and generous ambassador for poetry" - though I'm sure there are others who deserve the honour more.

I'm now aiming to take the next step and become an ambassador plenipotentiary - even though I'm not entirely sure what that is, it sure sounds good!