12 November 2014

You'll Always Find Me Out To Launch



Well, many of my weeks are pretty vacant, but this one does have two launches of works that contain my stories.

The Best Of Twisty Christmas Tales

On Thursday, The Best of Twisty Christmas Tales, edited by Peter Friend, Eileen Mueller and A. J. Ponder, will be launched at the Children's Bookshop in Kilbirnie. There's an impressive lineup of authors in this book, which is illustrated by Geoff Popham:



Authors:  Shelley Chappell, Michelle Child, William Cook, Debbie Cowens, Joy Cowley, Denise Cush, Marion Day, Simon Fogarty, Dave Freer, Peter Friend, Jan Goldie, David Hill, Tim Jones, Charlotte Kieft, Lyn McConchie, Eileen Mueller, Jeena Murphy, Lee Murray, Robyn P, Murray, Lorraine Orman, A.J. Ponder, D.M. Potter, Dan Rabarts, Darian Smith, Kerrie Anne Spicer, Anne Wilkins, Sophie Yorkston.

My story in this anthology is my first-ever published children's story - this most definitely showed in the first draft, but thanks to the editors and their very helpful suggestions regarding what does and doesn't work in writing for children, I hope it doesn't show in the final version!

UPDATE: The Best Of Twisty Christmas Tales is now available from Amazon.com.


JAAM 32




Then, on Saturday 15 November, as part of Wellington LitCrawl, the 2014 issue of JAAM Magazine, JAAM 32, will be launched in Wellington (and also in Dunedin by guest editor Sue Wootton). The issue includes my story "The Prime Ministers" (What's that you say? Too soon?), and I'll be reading from it at the launch. It will be like election night all over again ... no, wait, I promise it will be much, much better!

3 comments:

AJ Ponder said...

Double congratulations, Tim - and much deserved. :)

Tim Jones said...

Thanks, Alicia - and thank for putting such a good collection together with your co-editors!

Penelope said...


I must say that I miss children's books. Perhaps I should try writing one, now that I have no reason to buy them as gifts.

A busy time awaits you!