06 September 2013

Roundup, Not By Monsanto

What y'all been doin', Tim?

I've been saving the Basin (working hard on it, anyway).

I've been reviewing Michael Morrissey's new science fiction novel Tropic of Skorpeo for Landfall Review Online.

I've put up a guest post by James Cone called Social Democracy and the Next Settlement.

P. S. Cottier and I have been continuing to make progress on the anthology we're co-editing, The Stars Like Sand: Australian Speculative Poetry. Penelope has had the signal honour of being chosen as Australian Poetry's inaugural (online) Poet in Residence: http://www.australianpoetry.org/2013/09/04/introducing-p-s-cottier/

I've interviewed New Zealand fantasy writer Helen Lowe, whose book The Gathering of the Lost has been shortlisted for the David Gemmell Legend Award for Best Fantasy Novel. I'll link that interview from this post as soon as it's online.

I've even, after a long largely dry period since I finished writing the poems in Men Briefly Explained, starting writing some new poems.

I've been busy!

3 comments:

Helen Rickerby said...

You _have_ been busy! Glad to hear you're writing poetry again.

Penelope said...

Are any of the poems speculative, Tim? Or has reading thousands of spec poems meant you will never write one again?

Tim Jones said...

Thanks, Helen and Penelope!

Actually, Penelope, a number of the poems do have at least a speculative tinge - I'm aware of the risk of being too closely influenced by all the poems we've been reading for "The Stars Like Sand", so I'm making sure that all poems are identifiably Kiwi - sample title include "Waltzing Richie McCaw" and "John Key of the Overlook".