24 December 2009

And The Winner Is ...

The winner of the signed copy of Nalini Singh's UK edition of her novel Angels' Blood is blog commenter Edna (see my interview with Nalini). Congratulations to Edna, and thanks to everyone who commented and tweeted in response to the interview and the competition - a special thanks to Nalini for her responses to comments.

That about wraps things up for 2009. Until about the end of January 2010, I'll drop down to my "summer schedule" of roughly one blog post per week. But I have already lined up my first three author interviews of next year, and in between those - well, I'm sure I'll think of something to post...

The highlight of this year for me from a writing/editing point of view has been the success of Voyagers: Science Fiction Poetry for New Zealand. I haven't had quite the same level of success in meeting my self-imposed deadline of Christmas Eve to finish my novel draft: I still have a little under two chapters to go. They are more or less complete in my head: I just need to channel them through my fingers.

By New Year's Day, maybe?

After that, while the draft sits for a few weeks, I want to turn my attention back to my much-neglected, partly-completed next poetry collection. Furthermore, there's a world to save ...

But this is Christmas, this is the holiday season. Family time. Then, as the robots say, I'll be back.

2 comments:

Kay Cooke said...

I admire your stickability with your novel through the silly season Tim! And good luck with the poetry - I'm looking forward to reading that third collection. Have a great Christmas.

Tim Jones said...

Thanks, Kay. I'm looking forward to reading your third collection (or whatever else you publish next), too!